Tales From the Bottom of the Film Business

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Anniversary Shmanniversary

So I just realized, as I was looking at my own Blogger profile (yes, I do this from time to time to remind myself of who I am), that I have been writing this blog for a year. A YEAR. Oy. And so I thought it was a good time to wallow in a little self-pity. Heck I don't blog often enough, I'm sure people would appreciate an extra dose of, "Why me?", "Why am I writing this?", "Who reads this crap except for my family and friends and even they don't read it when they've got work to do at the office", and the ever popular, "And yet I'm desperately afraid of getting caught and never being able to work again, which I secretly crave because I hate my job...Well, 'hate' is a strong word, perhaps 'loathe'…"


And this is where I get stuck. I'm just starting to work myself up to some really annoying whining when I start realizing how ridiculous it all is, and I start rewriting to show how ridiculous it all is, and then where does that get me? I start enjoying myself, and boy is that a buzz kill. Or, well, okay, I always appreciate a fine whine (as if you needed to see my Jewish American Princess credentials), but I don't feel like whining quite as much. And then I do, indeed, get a major kick out of it when someone tells me they like -- or even remember -- something I've written, it doesn't matter how infrequently it happens, we can't all be Josh Friedman.

Which is to say, thank you readers, as often, or not, as you visit, the pleasure is all mine. I'm looking forward to another year of this nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home